Reports from Ogun 1 Command: All Rallys and Sensitisation activities Suspended in wake of the CONVID-19 Pandemic
The news reaching us now reveals that Ogun 1 Command of Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, has suspended all arrangements put in place to hold a sensitisation seminar and rally on dangers of smuggling to the nation’s economy.
This formed part of the press release issued by the Customs Area Controller, CAC, of the Command, through the Public Relations Officer, PRO, Mr Abdullahi Maiwada.
He informed, “As part of the measures to avert the spread of COVID-19 (Corona Virus) pandemic, the Nigeria Customs Service, Ogun I Command hereby suspends a public sensitisation and rally against smuggling initially slated for 24th and 25th March, 2020, at Idiroko, Ipokia Local Government of Ogun State.”
He explained further,
“This decision is a proactive move to manage the exponential increase of the pandemic, more so now that the number of cases in Nigeria seems to be increasing.”
He enthused, “As we remain optimistic on the containment of the scourge, the Command will continue to monitor developments with a view to fixing new dates for the programme, as soon as possible”.
He appealed, “We hereby regret any inconvenience this decision might cause, as our paramount concern is to always be responsible and responsive.
” We shall maintain effective collaboration with other relevant Federal Government Agencies and Ogun State Government, towards our collective safety and well-being.”
- Nigeria Customs Commend EFCC for Preventing Economic Vandalism
- IMF supports Border Closure – See Why!!! – Finance Minister Speaks
- Customs Chief Hameed Ali Claims that N5bn is made daily during border closure
- Ogun Customs PRO Maiwada bags prestigeous WCO Merit Award (Report)
- Hard Work Pays! NCS Promotes Controller Wale Adeniyi to ACG
- THE CEO In News: ‘NCBN To Transmit in 6 Geopolitical Zones’
- First of its Kind – Nigeria Customs Organised Seminar – Trained Reporters (Effective Reportage)
Courtesy of: FinancialBusinessNews