Comptroller Peters of Western Marine Command Praise His Active Men at Work
Another achievement recorded by the Western Marine Command of Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, as Comptroller Peters disclosed a large number of contrabands seized from smugglers by his tram on the waterways.
Below is the list of items seized
1. 342 bags of Smuggled rice with Duty Paid Value, of N7.5 Million
2. Five bales of textile materials with Duty Paid Value, of N550,000
3. Two bales of second-hand clothing worth N168,000.00
All to a staggering amount of N8.2 Million.
These seizures came only three days after the same western marine command collected 30 large bags of smuggled petrol containing 150 litres each, making a total of 4,500 litres.
Addressing newsmen earlier today, Comptroller Peters asserted, “Our operatives made these seizures through our efforts to suppress smuggling along Western waterways”
TO KNOW MORE
- On CONVID-19, Customs Adopts Practical Steps to Protect Officers on Duty
- ‘Why Nigeria Customs created Kebbi border points’ – REPORTS
- Ogun State Hoodlums Attack on Customs Officers
- Nigeria Customs Service Press Release 7th April, 2020 on COVID-19
- Nigeria Customs unveils the truth on Killing of Ogun Students by Personnel
He disclosed that the prohibited items were seized along Ere-Akere axis within Idiroko Marine out-station, Yekeme and Badagry areas of Western waters by his men.
He revealed, “The feat was recorded as a result of intelligence gathering, 24 hours patrol surveillance on waterways and doggedness of officers from our Command.”
Comptroller Peters commended officers for their dedication, determination, and commitments towards making the waterways a- no-go-area for smugglers, especially now that illicit traders will want to take advantage of the lock-down to bring in contraband.
Comptroller Peters warned smugglers to find other means of livelihood. He stressed that no matter their antics, his men are alert 24 hours to track them on the waters and creeks”.
He added, “Gentlemen of the press, I appreciate your determination in dessiminating the efforts of the Service in anti-smuggling drive”.
Responding to questions during the press conference, he further commended the hard work of his Officers manning Idiroko Marine out-station, which is notorious for smuggling activities.
Investigation has it revealed that Idiroko axis is under the watch of Assistant Comptroller Abdullahi Ajiya, as the officer in charge.